Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Rosenlund66
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Greetings from the frozen North!

Post by Rosenlund66 » 15 Jan 2019, 09:02

Greetings!
It’s a wild stab in the dark....* (palp) my favourite kind*....But are there any other members way up here in the north? I’m speaking relatively, of course, since I’m in Jämtland. If not, I’m willing to try and get something going. I’m dying to get kitted up. Incidentally, what does the Swedish Law say about buying a replica weapon from abroad? I’d be grateful for any tips, since as we know, weapon law is very strict here, and I don’t want a criminal record! #(
Looking forward to making your acquaintance!
Adrian
(vader) i find your lack of faith disturbing...

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Re: Greetings from the frozen North!

Post by 6894 » 15 Jan 2019, 13:22

Hello! What Kinda outfit are you talking about? And what are we talking about replica wise e-11? Or somthing bigger?
the man they call fuzzy bear.
ANH Vader 100%
WIP ESB Vader 85%
WIP ROTJ Vader 40%

Rosenlund66
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Rosenlund66 » 15 Jan 2019, 15:48

Well, I thought I’d start with basic ROTJ Trooper, and the weapon i was thinking about is an E11 from Originalstormtrooper:
https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/e11-40-c.asp
Armour seems like a bit of a minefield. I’ve been advised not to buy from Ebay, for example, and there’s a plethora of suppliers. I really don’t know where to start, except to say that I’ve neither space nor time to do too much scratch building.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 94691 » 15 Jan 2019, 18:43

Hello!
Welcome!
You have some fellow ”nästgårds” with our north swedish measurements.
Et least one trooper i Örnsköldsvik, a few in Umeå and a couple here in Piteå.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 99665 » 15 Jan 2019, 20:54

Welcome here as well, nice to see you on FISD (stormie)
Expert Infantry #768 I Centurion #355 I Imperial Attachè-Nordic Garrison I FISD Deployment Officer
Complete costumes:
ANH Hero, ANH Stunt, ANH Sandtrooper, ESB
Shadow Stormtrooper, FOTK
WIP: Boba Fett SE
TROOPS:18
(shadow_stormtrooper) (1) (stormie) (6) (1st-order-stormtrooper) (6) (sandie) (5)

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by 6894 » 15 Jan 2019, 21:38

Rosenlund66 wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 15:48
Well, I thought I’d start with basic ROTJ Trooper, and the weapon i was thinking about is an E11 from Originalstormtrooper:
https://www.originalstormtrooper.com/e11-40-c.asp
Armour seems like a bit of a minefield. I’ve been advised not to buy from Ebay, for example, and there’s a plethora of suppliers. I really don’t know where to start, except to say that I’ve neither space nor time to do too much scratch building.
Keep away from him! besides a wellknown liar, he takes Overprice! doopydoos works well ! or if you have the money and skill, Feildmarshall E-11 kit in alumnium!
the man they call fuzzy bear.
ANH Vader 100%
WIP ESB Vader 85%
WIP ROTJ Vader 40%

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 0518 » 15 Jan 2019, 21:44

I Jamtland är artut att vara!

When it comes to deactivated weapons it’s practically impossible to buy nowadays with the current gun laws. According to the police I’ve spoken too even if the barrel is welded the barrel can be replaced and thus have a working sub machine gun... which is illegal. (Unless you are in a marksman club and compete with K-pist”)

You may be able to buy pieces of a sterling, ex the handle or trigger guard, but any piece that’s used in connection with the firing mechanism you need a lisence for.

Again.. this is to my understanding after speaking to a police officer about it.
United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.
-Patrick Henry, March 1799
If the crew doesn't hate the XO, then he's not doing his job.
- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG

Reel Icon
Reel Icon

Post by 3844 » 15 Jan 2019, 22:33

Welcome to the fold, Rosenlund66.

As 0518 pointed out, real-steel Sterling SMG's are hard to come by. They require a license, no matter if the gun is live or de-activated, and full auto licenses are VERY hard to obtain.
The licensed parts consist of receiver, bolt and barrel. Magazines are - for now - legal to own. New EU legislation may change this. Other parts of the Sterling, such as folding stock, sights, trigger group and end cap do not require license, and could be bought and incorporated into a replica build. Such parts could perhaps be obtained from the UK. USA has - naturally - an abundance of Sterling parts, but because of their ITAR regulations, no military firearm parts can be shipped abroad.

Your best bet would be to go with a replica, resin or metal. Replica firearms are perfectly legal to own.
I am altering the canon. Pray I don't alter it any further.
Minor plot holes and strange coincidences are no match for a good story by your side, kid.

Rosenlund66
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Rosenlund66 » 16 Jan 2019, 05:45

94691 wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 18:43
Hello!
Welcome!
You have some fellow ”nästgårds” with our north swedish measurements.
Et least one trooper i Örnsköldsvik, a few in Umeå and a couple here in Piteå.
Hello, and thanks! Excellent news. I have friends in Örnsköldsvik and Umeå :D I was able to visit the SW exhibition a few years ago in Övik. Coolest thing I’ve ever seen. I was told Ångermanland reminded George Lucas of Endor, which is why the place was chosen.
Thanks again!

Rosenlund66
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Rosenlund66 » 16 Jan 2019, 05:57

Keep away from him! besides a wellknown liar, he takes Overprice! doopydoos works well ! or if you have the money and skill, Feildmarshall E-11 kit in alumnium!

Yeah, I’ve been on FISD and asked there also. Was provided with some links to articles about SDS and the whole legal case. Having looked around for such things as boots and neck liners, i saw how much they ask in comparison to other vendors r( the nerve of some people!
As for the E-11, i daresay I’d find the money, but i have neither time nor skill enough for too much “make and mend”. Not much of a technician, I’m afraid :p erm..noob question: what’s a “doopydoo”?