Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

DarthVerner
Mandalorian Merc
Mandalorian Merc
antispamfield: No

Another Mandalorian Hello!

Post by DarthVerner » 30 Mar 2017, 18:03

Hello everybody!
My name is Jakob Hellgren and Im proud to say I was the first official Mandalorian Mercenaries Costuming Club member in Sweden.

I got into costuming beeing an old HEMA fighter. Dressing up as a viking and sometimes a 1300's Gotlandic peasant warrior. Reenacting historic battles. (Not to be confused with SCA) I learned how to sew and work with alot of diffrent materials such as leather, metal and wood. After awhile i found the historical scen a bit boring and wanted something closer to my other hobbies. Star Wars being the big one.
I began be delve into the wonderful world of Star Wars costuming, planning an Republic Commando, pillaging through the 501st's CRL's and forums, eventually giving it up (for now) and settled on a Mandalorian. Finding that the 501st wouldnt accept a costum character I looked further and found MMCC. A whole lot of planning and building started and after some time I had a finnished Beskar'Gam. During this time I delved even deeper into the fictional universe of Star Wars and read the wonderful stories by Karenn Travis, Republic Commando. The main source for Mandalorian culture pre-disney. I fell in love... Hard.

As my brother in arms (vod in Mando'a), B'kal/Björn already said, we worked close with the Legions at Comic Con Stockholm 16 and I realy hope that was the beginning of a great friendship between all us Star Wars Costumers.

I have acted as the "main face" for the swedish part of MMCC and I must admit I hope for the role of Clanleader when we have enough members for a Swedish Clan. Those we already have in our small group are all helpful and do anything to give each other tips and help to become part of this great universe of costuming, charity and Star Wars.

*Edit*
I also tried to update my profile picture, but being inapt at computers time to time I couldnt figure it out. Therefore I am posting a picture of my kit.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Another Mandalorian Hello!

Post by 13103 » 30 Mar 2017, 18:48

Hello and welcome :) looking good!

Troops: 58

Country Rep: Sweden
Country Rep: Sweden

Post by 31700 » 30 Mar 2017, 21:30

Hello and welcome!!! I saw you guys in Stockholm (i was the guy proposing to my girlfriend) and you looked awesome!
CR: Country Representative Sweden

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 56

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 12048 » 31 Mar 2017, 09:02

Welcome :)