For any non-SW costumes

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Grihm
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

3D printing a helmet in Sweden?

Post by Grihm » 01 Oct 2015, 17:07

So Comic-Con is coming up, and my friends are bugging me to go as Arkham Knight :p
Is there anyone in Sweden with the possibility to 3D print the helmet by any chance and if so, what would that cost?

No need for anything in terms of painting or putting it together. Just the printing job. The rest i´l do myself.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: 3D printing a helmet in Sweden?

Post by 11327 » 01 Oct 2015, 17:37

There are lots of people with 3D printers who will print stuff for other people for money. For instance, you could check out 3D Hubs (Stockholm) for a collection of some of them.
Maybe also someone on this board has a printer, with time to do it. ;)

However, there isn't that much time before the convention. If I were you I would instead build it from foam and/or papercraft that is then coated. That way, you could get started on it right away and you would not be dependent on somebody else's schedule.
Bandiet on The RPF has made free templates for the helmet and armour that are suited for either technique. I am sure that you already know about these techniques.

Grihm
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Re: 3D printing a helmet in Sweden?

Post by Grihm » 01 Oct 2015, 17:47

11327 wrote:There are lots of people with 3D printers who will print stuff for other people for money. For instance, you could check out 3D Hubs (Stockholm) for a collection of some of them.
Maybe also someone on this board has a printer, with time to do it. ;)

However, there isn't that much time before the convention. If I were you I would instead build it from foam and/or papercraft that is then coated. That way, you could get started on it right away and you would not be dependent on somebody else's schedule.
Bandiet on The RPF has made free templates for the helmet and armour that are suited for either technique. I am sure that you already know about these techniques.

The time-saving plan is to buy a mask from the US and then paint and add to it for a more rugged look, but i thought i´d check out if anyone would have the time for it here as well =)
No idea on how long it takes to get it printed, but the question is out there at least.

Tnx for the links btw =)