Finally here to say hi from Sweden

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Finally here to say hi from Sweden

Post by 23341 » 17 Mar 2016, 19:13

Thought it was about time to say hi to you all!

Two years ago I spoke to a few at the sci-fi convention in Malmö and never got my thumb out of the dark side and got myself the uniform I have been longing for.
But after have had Biker Scout Patrik Grundström and the Snow trooper Stefan attending my sons birthday party I got a lot of input (and still does) from Patrik and now I am going to take the leap. :) I am getting myself an Stormtrooper uniform from the old episodes!

I have contacted Walt's trooper factory (WTF) on Facebook, asking for a quote.
I have contacted anovos.com asking them about things.
RSpropmasters.com seems to be really good as well, but they are a little more expensive.

Any good input you could give me to help out?
Looking for info on for example whitearmor.net is both good and bad. There are tons of info and that is good. The bad is, you drown in it all...

To be a little more personal, I am a little bit over the 40:s, living just outside Malmö in the south of Sweden with my family. Love all about Star Wars and have done so since I sneaked into the cinema to watch episode IV as a little boy.
** (stormie) Troops: 41 **

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Finally here to say hi from Sweden

Post by 13103 » 17 Mar 2016, 19:50

Welcome! :)
We have many members who own stormtrooper costumes. Some very recently approved.
Hope some TK expert can help you out with this and give advice on the costume before you order one!
Would be nice to see you at some future event :D

/ (mara)

Troops: 58

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 23341 » 17 Mar 2016, 20:19

Thanks! I actually met a few of you recently in Malmö as well. Peter (the exceptionally towering wompa-builder) I know since way back in the -90:s, but for the rest of you I am very much looking forward to getting to know better.

It's always good to know if there are any things to avoid, things that are expensive but not important, good places to buy from and so on. So every TK advice is warmly welcome! :)

GML
GML

Post by 52583 » 17 Mar 2016, 21:27

Välkommen :-)

Country Rep: Sweden

Post by 31700 » 17 Mar 2016, 21:40

Hi and welcome! I´m a rookie to. I bought my TK from RS. Mainly because of the research showed me that their stuff was good, very screen accurate and that you could order the full commission from them. Seeing that i´m no handy-man to say the least. I got approved pretty much out of the box. Mainly just fine-tuning some stuff right now. When you begin trooping you notice what can be better and what you need to improve. My guess is that i´ll never be "done" so to speak.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. I´ll answer them as good as i can. I know that there are a lot of more experienced TK:s around here as well and they have all been very nice to me. So far... ;-)
CR: Country Representative Sweden

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 56

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 23341 » 17 Mar 2016, 21:55

Tack Patrik. Propably wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for you... :)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 23341 » 17 Mar 2016, 22:07

Thanks Magnus. Spending my evenings (and nights) searching the web my guess is that I would be able to construct my TK from a kit. So now the only question is where to get it from and I am still awaiting answers on my questions to the different shops mentioned in my #1 post.
Been following your different posts as well, I havn't ordered mine yet but still feel like a child wanting the christmas to come as soon as it can and you seem to have been just the same.
If only RS had been a little less expensive, I would have chosen them straight away without hesitation. But as Patrik told me, you not only need the TK with everything on it (and under it), you also need shoes, weapon and that, and that...

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 13103 » 17 Mar 2016, 22:24

31700 wrote:Hi and welcome! I´m a rookie to. I bought my TK from RS. Mainly because of the research showed me that their stuff was good, very screen accurate and that you could order the full commission from them. Seeing that i´m no handy-man to say the least. I got approved pretty much out of the box. Mainly just fine-tuning some stuff right now. When you begin trooping you notice what can be better and what you need to improve. My guess is that i´ll never be "done" so to speak.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. I´ll answer them as good as i can. I know that there are a lot of more experienced TK:s around here as well and they have all been very nice to me. So far... ;-)
This is how a wise man sounds :D
You'll never feel like you're done. ;)

Troops: 58

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 78346 » 17 Mar 2016, 23:51

I have contacted Walt's trooper factory (WTF) on Facebook, asking for a quote.
I have contacted anovos.com asking them about things.
RSpropmasters.com seems to be really good as well, but they are a little more expensive
<--- WTF armor is a good armor, and cheap - also meaning a lot of small bits that's hard to track won't come with it.
But the RSpropmasters armor... my god, a whole another level. If I had the cash back then, I'd go for that one.
Molded directly from an original armor which they have in shop... Incredible.

Post by 31700 » 18 Mar 2016, 05:58

13103 wrote:
31700 wrote:Hi and welcome! I´m a rookie to. I bought my TK from RS. Mainly because of the research showed me that their stuff was good, very screen accurate and that you could order the full commission from them. Seeing that i´m no handy-man to say the least. I got approved pretty much out of the box. Mainly just fine-tuning some stuff right now. When you begin trooping you notice what can be better and what you need to improve. My guess is that i´ll never be "done" so to speak.

This is how a wise man sounds :D
You'll never feel like you're done. ;)

The wisdom of Yoda himself is insignificant next to mine! Moahahaha!
CR: Country Representative Sweden

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 56