Newbie with dreams of being a Death Trooper Looking for Friends (Sweden)

Good tools, guides, etc for people building costumes.

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Wyzerus
Supporter
Supporter
antispamfield: No

Newbie with dreams of being a Death Trooper Looking for Friends (Sweden)

Post by Wyzerus » 19 Dec 2017, 15:48

Hi there, newbie here!

I've decided to get myself a Death Trooper armor, thing is I'm new to this as I've only worked with textile-based costumes before.

I live in Stockholm - could anybody recommend a place to buy my armor from? I'm currently considering ArmoryShop (Russia), but I'm a bit skeptical as I will have to pay 31% extra in duties when importing the kit. Would be neat if someone knew a shop inside the EU.

Is there anybody living in Stockholm that wouldn't mind assisting this newbie 26-year old through the fitting process so that I don't mess my first project up? A small workshop or something perhaps?

Best regards

Country Rep: Sweden
Country Rep: Sweden

Re: Newbie with dreams of being a Death Trooper Looking for Friends (Sweden)

Post by 31700 » 19 Dec 2017, 22:03

Answer in Swedish:

Hej och välkommen! Innan du beställer grejer så vill jag verkligen rekommendera dig att kolla här: http://www.whitearmor.net/. Det är "experterna" på den typen av kostym. Kolla runt och fråga runt på forumet där. Det är viktigt (inte minst för plånboken) att kolla runt och göra noggranna efterforskningar innan man beställer något.

När det gäller Death Troopers i Stockholm vet jag faktiskt inte om vi har någon just där. Jag ska försöka forska i det.

Än en gång: Välkommen hit! Tveka inte att kontakta mig om du har några frågor/funderingar så ska jag hjälpa dig efter bästa förmåga.
CR: Country Representative Sweden

Costumes: (stormie) (kylo) (biker)
Troops: 56

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 10199 » 19 Dec 2017, 22:32

Hi! If you're thinking of the zombie stormtrooper then whitearmor.net is the place to go, but for the Rogue One Death Trooper, check out the Spec Ops Detachment: http://www.501stspecopsdet.net

Wyzerus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Wyzerus » 20 Dec 2017, 08:59

31700 wrote:Answer in Swedish:

Hej och välkommen! Innan du beställer grejer så vill jag verkligen rekommendera dig att kolla här: http://www.whitearmor.net/. Det är "experterna" på den typen av kostym. Kolla runt och fråga runt på forumet där. Det är viktigt (inte minst för plånboken) att kolla runt och göra noggranna efterforskningar innan man beställer något.

När det gäller Death Troopers i Stockholm vet jag faktiskt inte om vi har någon just där. Jag ska försöka forska i det.

Än en gång: Välkommen hit! Tveka inte att kontakta mig om du har några frågor/funderingar så ska jag hjälpa dig efter bästa förmåga.
Stort tack för det varma välkomnandet! Det jag tänkte på, liksom 10199 sa - var Death Troopers från Rogue One! :) Jag är i princip redo att beställa ett relativt färdigt kit men just när det kommer till ihopsättandet av rustningen skulle jag vilja ha lite hjälp med strapping/fitting av rustningen då jag ärligt talat har väldigt svårt med skriftliga instruktioner... Jag skulle verkligen vilja ha en liten workshop med någon kunnig själ som kan visa vad man ska tänka på.

10199 - thank you!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 10199 » 20 Dec 2017, 11:23

I don't know anything about putting it together, but for the love of Yoda, if you haven't already, ask around on the Spec Ops detachment forum about the kit you're planning to buy to find out if it's a decent one that is easy to get approved. Basically you can just make a post and ask "is this good?" or search the forum to see if someone else has asked about it. You really do not want to buy a kit that isn't up to 501st standards.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 87101 » 20 Dec 2017, 11:45

Armoryshop does have christmas sale now, so If you get the go ahead from the guys at soecops I’d go for it soon.
TB-87101 (biker)
Troops
Nordic Garrison: 14
Danish Garrison: 1

Wyzerus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Wyzerus » 20 Dec 2017, 12:31

10199 wrote:I don't know anything about putting it together, but for the love of Yoda, if you haven't already, ask around on the Spec Ops detachment forum about the kit you're planning to buy to find out if it's a decent one that is easy to get approved. Basically you can just make a post and ask "is this good?" or search the forum to see if someone else has asked about it. You really do not want to buy a kit that isn't up to 501st standards.
Aye! I've signed up and I'm awaiting approval of my account. Thank you! :)
87101 wrote:Armoryshop does have christmas sale now, so If you get the go ahead from the guys at soecops I’d go for it soon.
Yeah, I don't want to miss out on that one.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 87101 » 20 Dec 2017, 14:40

For what it's worth, I have seen (and ordered mysefl) their DT Helmet, and it's awesome.
TB-87101 (biker)
Troops
Nordic Garrison: 14
Danish Garrison: 1

Wyzerus
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Wyzerus » 20 Dec 2017, 15:04

87101 wrote:For what it's worth, I have seen (and ordered mysefl) their DT Helmet, and it's awesome.
Yeah, I mean it says that it's a 501st approved kit and the reviews I've seen are great!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 32700 » 20 Dec 2017, 16:14

Common misconception, but there is no such thing as a "501st approved" kit or costume. Approvals are done case-by-case, and include accuracy of the parts as well as a proper fit for the wearer. A costume could be approved for you, but be denied if I where to buy it from you.

Kits from vetted makers recommended by the detachments tend to be easier to get approved than pre-assembled costumes, since you build the kit to fit you. More work, yes, but also more fun :)