"Grey Jedi" / "Dark Jedi"

For any SW costumes that don't fit into the other categories

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper
antispamfield: No
Location: Aalborg Øst, Denmark (Originally from Southern California, USA)

Post by 73012 » 27 Jun 2015, 18:01

Anyone know if "Grey Jedi" or "Dark Jedi" are accepted in either the 501st or Rebel Legion?
Clone Trooper-Shock Trooper Phase II
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper
(B1 Battle Droid: Planning stage)

jainafel
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Re: "Grey Jedi" / "Dark Jedi"

Post by jainafel » 27 Jun 2015, 19:19

Technically characters like Asajj Ventress is a Dark Jedi, because she's not (officially) a Sith. And I've seen her on the list of approvable characters.

About the Grey Jedi according to Wookieepedia, characters that "walk the line" of the light and Dark, are the Grey Jedi. And apparently Qui-Gon is listed as a Grey Jedi (for some reason). So I guess they are found in RL in one form or the other.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 73012 » 27 Jun 2015, 19:49

jainafel wrote:Technically characters like Asajj Ventress is a Dark Jedi, because she's not (officially) a Sith. And I've seen her on the list of approvable characters.

About the Grey Jedi according to Wookieepedia, characters that "walk the line" of the light and Dark, are the Grey Jedi. And apparently Qui-Gon is listed as a Grey Jedi (for some reason). So I guess they are found in RL in one form or the other.
Yep. That's what I gathered too... I think I should have been a little more clear. While there are "actual" characters of Dark and Grey Jedi on both sides, would it be "legal" within RL and 501st to make up a generic one and get it approved?
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper

jainafel
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by jainafel » 27 Jun 2015, 20:12

That's a good question.

Dark Jedi: I have no idea about it within 501st on both. Haven't seen a Generic Dark Jedi or Sith for that matter, on the list of accpetable costumes in 501st, so it I'd say no there. With the RL I don't think so, because unless it's a face character, it's the whole thing with being the good guys, and Dark Jedi are not really known for doing anything good (from a certain point of view ;) )

Grey Jedi: I would suggest that question be raised on the Legion website, because, even though people probably have different opinions about it, there are face characters who are Grey (other than Qui-Gon) and therefore it should be possible for a Generic one. However, seeing as there is not much costume differences from the Grey Jedi to the Light Jedi, it would be more of a Character background question whether they are one or the other.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 73012 » 27 Jun 2015, 20:41

Well about the "face" Jedi only being allowed to show their face is not quite correct, which is why I raise this question. But also in the Extended Universe in Comics and Books, there are plenty of Jedi who wear face masks or coverings, including Grey Jedi.

Here's an outtake from the RL Generic Jedi Clause under Additional Notes;

"a. Accessories may include: eye-wear, face coverings and jewelry. Though not required, applicants are encouraged to provide precedence (of their accessory of choice) within the star wars universe."

Face coverings in my mind mean anything covering the face, right?
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper

jainafel
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by jainafel » 27 Jun 2015, 21:21

I'm a bid confused of what you mean by it's only face Jedi who are allowed to show their face, because that's not what I meant. Or said. What I said was that Dark Jedi 501st (as far as I know) do not have a generic Dark Jedi/Sith Costume category and therefor can not be applicable. And with the RL, the Dark Jedi are primarilly, well, dark and evil, and RL are characters at their "good" stage, an example Palpatine is for some reason a applicable character in RL but only in his Senator/Supreme Chancellor stages, but of course not as the Emperor. (Why a character like Revan is not on the list is something I wonder about, when Palpatine is. But maybe someone just hasn't thought of it yet)

And as I said with the Grey Jedi, I think it would be more a question of how you as the costumer plan the background for the character, whether or not you are Grey or Light. But I don't see the costume differences for it, for when you apply a specific costume for approval.

About face covering, yes I would say so like masks or paint. Although I don't know of any RL member, unless it's an alien character like Plo Koon, who wears masks. But I can be wrong of course.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 73012 » 27 Jun 2015, 21:53

Hmmm. Guess it time to drop this question off to the 501st and RL Forums then. Let's see where this goes.

Thanks for your replies.
ESB Hoth Trench Trooper

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 2011 » 28 Jun 2015, 01:35

Qui-Gon the Grey. Lord of the rings rip off or what?

jainafel
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by jainafel » 28 Jun 2015, 16:18

Well, no not really. He's not actually called that and the Grey Jedi are a term just like Sith and Jedi are.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 2011 » 28 Jun 2015, 20:13

I was sarcastic