For any SW costumes that don't fit into the other categories

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper
antispamfield: No

help with Darth Talon details

Post by 51988 » 09 Oct 2012, 21:25

hello :)
i need some help with finding the right contact lenses for my Darth Talon costume...
i have found some that i think look right, but i need an oppinion from someone who knows some more about it...
http://www.fxcontactlenses.com/incubus- ... ct-lenses/

also i would like a contact for the lightsaber that can be detatched from the handle, the true Darth Talon handle pattern...
and tips for a flexible Lekku...

and maybe if someone knows where to get a black, thigh high, pair of flat, or almost flat, wedge (soles)

hope there are someone out there who can help me :D

- Mette.Talon.Daugaard

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: help with Darth Talon details

Post by 5573 » 09 Oct 2012, 21:33

You should contact TK-5587. She is our resident expert.

In the meantime, post us some pics if you've made any progress already :)
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

SL-8614
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by SL-8614 » 09 Oct 2012, 21:53

Hi you might want to check out these instead
http://www.fxcontactlenses.com/category ... star-wars/

I found this site http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/darthmaul.aspx
but the link it self looks really weird, but I recognize the site layout from a anakin forum, but the link sorta throws me off :s
Formerly known as Anakin Skywalker, now gone he is consumed by Darth Vader.

http://thomasblack1.deviantart.com/
All my art and commission rates

Need a sig? just ask ^^

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by 1179 » 09 Oct 2012, 22:09

the Talon Costume reference library states that you cant use a body- or form-fitting-suit for Talon..
meaning you have to use body-paint for all things red and black for it to be 501st approved..
it kinda sucks, and is the only reason why 5587 havent applied with it (i think)..

over at www.theflagshipeclipse.com you will find alot of info about Talon, and other expanded universe characters :-)
at a loss for words:-/

Rebel Legion
Rebel Legion

Post by 5587 » 09 Oct 2012, 22:40

Mette.Talon.Daugaard wrote:hello :)
i need some help with finding the right contact lenses for my Darth Talon costume...
i have found some that i think look right, but i need an oppinion from someone who knows some more about it...

also i would like a contact for the lightsaber that can be detatched from the handle, the true Darth Talon handle pattern...

and maybe if someone knows where to get a black, thigh high, pair of flat, or almost flat, wedge (soles)

- Mette.Talon.Daugaard
I´m really bad at reading this part of the forum, but our awesome CO mentioned this to me, so hellu :)
This first ones you linked, the Incubus ones are actually really great! They have the dark out circle that the Legacy sith have. Though it should be yellow with the red around really. For that most devil style red and yellow fx lenses will do. You don´t have to spend more then 25usd or so, unless you want something a but more special. All depends on you budget. Personally I would love the ones you posted for my Talon.

For the saber I can´t help sadly. As I never got around to get one. But I think you either have to make one yourself or buy a simple one (I can pm you a seller if you want) make the handle outside the original one though this might not be able to take apart, and make a seperate one with just a handle without anything special.

Flat boots.. oh the horror. There are one seller, from the uk, can´t remember who sadly. But for me their boots where not long enough for my legs. More like over the knee boots. But what I would do it get a great (and comfy!) pair of flat knee high boots and either make them into thigh-high ones and sewing some type or leather stockings. These can either be worned as stockings or made as and extention to the boots themselves. Wedge shoes are (as far as I know) not approved. Just used on a statue, but never in the comic.

Flexiable lekku.. well, tricky. Maybe make some in a red strech fabrich and coat them in a thin latex coat. Or you could try silicone. This is more flexible, but heavy. All proes and cons to everything. Have also seen a pair (Oola I think) with some make out of foam boards (the mattress kind, only very thing, 2cm or so), cut and glued to shape.

Hope any of this helps. Or else to to theflagshipeclipse´s forum pages, all you info is there.. and never forget.. google knows many mangy things! :)
"I´m Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite garrison on the Citadel!"

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 51988 » 12 Oct 2012, 13:22

tk1179 wrote:the Talon Costume reference library states that you cant use a body- or form-fitting-suit for Talon..
meaning you have to use body-paint for all things red and black for it to be 501st approved..
it kinda sucks, and is the only reason why 5587 havent applied with it (i think)..

over at http://www.theflagshipeclipse.com you will find alot of info about Talon, and other expanded universe characters :-)
i have already read the info, and now i just need to collect all the parts :)
but i will try to contact 5587...

thank you for the help :D

-Mette.Talon.Daugaard

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 51988 » 12 Oct 2012, 13:27

TK-5587 wrote:
Mette.Talon.Daugaard wrote:hello :)

- Mette.Talon.Daugaard
I´m really bad at reading this part of the forum, but our awesome CO mentioned this to me, so hellu :)
This first ones you linked, the Incubus ones are actually really great! They have the dark out circle that the Legacy sith have. Though it should be yellow with the red around really. For that most devil style red and yellow fx lenses will do. You don´t have to spend more then 25usd or so, unless you want something a but more special. All depends on you budget. Personally I would love the ones you posted for my Talon.

For the saber I can´t help sadly. As I never got around to get one. But I think you either have to make one yourself or buy a simple one (I can pm you a seller if you want) make the handle outside the original one though this might not be able to take apart, and make a seperate one with just a handle without anything special.

Flat boots.. oh the horror. There are one seller, from the uk, can´t remember who sadly. But for me their boots where not long enough for my legs. More like over the knee boots. But what I would do it get a great (and comfy!) pair of flat knee high boots and either make them into thigh-high ones and sewing some type or leather stockings. These can either be worned as stockings or made as and extention to the boots themselves. Wedge shoes are (as far as I know) not approved. Just used on a statue, but never in the comic.

Flexiable lekku.. well, tricky. Maybe make some in a red strech fabrich and coat them in a thin latex coat. Or you could try silicone. This is more flexible, but heavy. All proes and cons to everything. Have also seen a pair (Oola I think) with some make out of foam boards (the mattress kind, only very thing, 2cm or so), cut and glued to shape.

Hope any of this helps. Or else to to theflagshipeclipse´s forum pages, all you info is there.. and never forget.. google knows many mangy things! :)
thank you so much :D
hope to get startet with all of this soon..

i really apreciate your tips :)

so thank you.. and if you find the comtact please let me know ;)

- Mette.Talon.Daugaard

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 0518 » 12 Oct 2012, 13:34

... And as always.. Don't forget to post progress pics..
United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.
-Patrick Henry, March 1799
If the crew doesn't hate the XO, then he's not doing his job.
- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 51988 » 12 Oct 2012, 13:40

SL-8614 wrote:Hi you might want to check out these instead
http://www.fxcontactlenses.com/category ... star-wars/

I found this site http://02a5349.netsolstores.com/darthmaul.aspx
but the link it self looks really weird, but I recognize the site layout from a anakin forum, but the link sorta throws me off :s
hello :D
maybe you can help me make the cutouts for the tatoos???

i have thought of making a pattern for all the body tatoos, so it will be faster to paint on the body...
do you think it is possible somehow???

- Mette.Talon.Daugaard

SL-8614
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by SL-8614 » 12 Oct 2012, 14:23

Actually I think Jan durserma has talons tattoos on her Facebook, I'll look later :-)
Formerly known as Anakin Skywalker, now gone he is consumed by Darth Vader.

http://thomasblack1.deviantart.com/
All my art and commission rates

Need a sig? just ask ^^