For any SW costumes that don't fit into the other categories

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

RavenDVoid
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Imperial Army Trooper

Post by RavenDVoid » 10 Jun 2019, 21:28

Hello everyone im new here and my name is Tom but i usually go by Raven on the internet. I have wanted to join the 501st for years now and i finally think i have it in me to try to do it now. The Suit/unit that i want to make to get approved by 501st is the Imperial army trooper but i would love to get some help or tips from you guys where i could find the items that i need for this build. I think i found some item that i can make work but the items that i have problem to find is the boots, the gloves and the harness. The helmet i might be able to get 3d printed but if somebody have a at-st driver helmet for sale then hit me up

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Imperial Army Trooper

Post by 7858 » 10 Jun 2019, 22:16

You don't tell us much about yourself.

My advice is to create an account here https://specops501st.com/ and start reading the forum material. You'll find links, instructions and help there.

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 » 11 Jun 2019, 08:32

And if you haevn't already fopund it, here is the CRL:

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... my_trooper
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: Very many!

Zahnism
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by Zahnism » 11 Jun 2019, 08:59

I have a mate who has a AT-ST driver helmet for sale in Denmark with googles
(sandie) (x-wing) (rebel-trooper)

TD-30055

RavenDVoid
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by RavenDVoid » 11 Jun 2019, 11:48

Sorry guys i forgot to do the proper introduction. As i said before my name is Tom and i live in a town called Karlskoga in Sweden. Im 28 years old and i think i have been a star wars fan since i was in the cradle, I remember that i used to watch the original trilogi on vhs and i could sit the whole day and look at small details in movie and i allways thought that the empire was the cooler guys. I dont know what more you want to know so just ask me and i will try to answer the best i can.

Im allready registrated myself in the Spec Ops forum (really nice guys) so they try to help me the best they can. But i would like to try to find parts for the costume as close as i can because the shipping from america and other places are insane. I would most like to find the right kind of shoes around our part of the world

And i have looked at the crl but it can be somewhat of confusing with all the demands and details that they have, Plus the source material for this costume is a bit wonky, they have taken it from some comics because army troopers never appeared in the movies. And the panels from the comic shift the look of the troopers from panel to panel. sometimes they are green and have a harness, other times they are black and dont have a harness and other times they have different boots and in one panel a trooper can be seen wearing a stormtrooper belt over his ordinary belt. So how they managed to discern that a part was a special type of boot and such is beyond me.

Zahnism could you ask your friend what he wants for his helmet and googles?

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 2011 » 11 Jun 2019, 12:17

Welcome! My dad was born and raised in Karlskoga. Spent a lot of time in that town as a kid. But that was a long time ago, in a landscape far, far away :)

Have you looked at rodastjarnan.com for parts? This flightsluit can be modified: http://www.rodastjarnan.com/faltuniform ... gron-11536
And you can find belt http://www.rodastjarnan.com/stridsutrus ... ront-11771,
pockets and gloves there too.

If you are looking for an imperial hat, check with Fiona Messer, DZ 9751 who is a member of this forum. She makes great hats, and lives in Germany.

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 » 11 Jun 2019, 13:31

Inconsistencies in Star Wars costumes?

RavenDVoid wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 11:48
the panels from the comic shift the look of the troopers from panel to panel
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: Very many!

RavenDVoid
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by RavenDVoid » 11 Jun 2019, 15:15

Mr 2011 yeah i have lived in this town for a couple of years now but i hail from a little village called Hasselfors in närke. Im a frequent customer on röda stjärnan so i have looked at another flightsuit at that site, but i have missed the belt you linked so thank you for that. I will keep Miss Messer in mind if i feel i need a hat

Zahnism
Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by Zahnism » 11 Jun 2019, 15:23

188 EURO or 2000 swedish kronar for helmet with googles
Is complete and allmost ready for plug and play. Only needs padding
RavenDVoid wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 11:48
Sorry guys i forgot to do the proper introduction. As i said before my name is Tom and i live in a town called Karlskoga in Sweden. Im 28 years old and i think i have been a star wars fan since i was in the cradle, I remember that i used to watch the original trilogi on vhs and i could sit the whole day and look at small details in movie and i allways thought that the empire was the cooler guys. I dont know what more you want to know so just ask me and i will try to answer the best i can.

Im allready registrated myself in the Spec Ops forum (really nice guys) so they try to help me the best they can. But i would like to try to find parts for the costume as close as i can because the shipping from america and other places are insane. I would most like to find the right kind of shoes around our part of the world

And i have looked at the crl but it can be somewhat of confusing with all the demands and details that they have, Plus the source material for this costume is a bit wonky, they have taken it from some comics because army troopers never appeared in the movies. And the panels from the comic shift the look of the troopers from panel to panel. sometimes they are green and have a harness, other times they are black and dont have a harness and other times they have different boots and in one panel a trooper can be seen wearing a stormtrooper belt over his ordinary belt. So how they managed to discern that a part was a special type of boot and such is beyond me.

Zahnism could you ask your friend what he wants for his helmet and googles?
(sandie) (x-wing) (rebel-trooper)

TD-30055

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 7858 » 11 Jun 2019, 22:35

Forget the source materials and read the CRL, it's your bible for 501st Legion membership. :D

"For 501st membership only the requirements in black need to be met.
In the page below, items listed in blue are recommended features that will improve the quality of the costume. Items listed in red are intended to further enhance the finished costume.
http://databank.501st.com/databank/Cost ... my_trooper "

Finnish army surplus company Varusteleka usually stocks german jack boots but now they've sold all of them. They might get more soon.
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/ ... plus/57147

They have the belt too.
https://www.varusteleka.com/en/product/ ... urplus/234