Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Jolli-Kylo
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Kylo ren.

Post by Jolli-Kylo » 19 Dec 2015, 13:05

Hey! I'm new here!
I've been interested in joining the Nordic garrison for quite a while now (ever since my friend joined a year ago) and I am hoping that 2016 will be my year to join this awesome charity group.
My first project will be a kylo ren costume, and I'll start to work on it next year in the mid of january.

I will start in the next coming months and will update this post with the WIP pictures until I'm finished with it.

I'm very excited about starting this journey and I hope I get to know you guys a little bit more in the coming months.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Kylo ren.

Post by 24046 » 04 Jan 2016, 02:19

Hi! I'm also new, and I'll also be starting a Kylo Ren costume from january (just about now, actually). Sweet coincidence!

At the moment I'm simply scavenging for materials, but I'd love to share the road with you. If you live in the vicinity of middle Norway I might also love to share some of the inevitable shipping costs, but I realize that coincidences only go so far... xD

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 62016 » 04 Jan 2016, 22:35

if you're looking for a great Kylo ren helmet this is the place my friend. http://www.wickedarmor.com/costumes/3px ... yloRen.htm

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 80990 » 05 Jan 2016, 00:50

Hi! Im too making Kylo ren, But still wait for goot costumes parts on sale. and the fabrick on sale.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 12077 » 11 Feb 2016, 19:38

Has Wicked Armor make an updated version of the helmet? The CRL might soon be updated and that helmet probably
will not meet the new criteria. What I heard is that helmet is based on the concept art. The one in the movie has
a bit different design.
12077 - Death Star workforce - "commence primary ignition"
ImageImage Image ImageImage
"Well hello mr. fancy pants. I got news for you pal, you ain´t leading but two things right now; Jack and s#!t. And Jack left town."

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 80990 » 11 Feb 2016, 22:20

Yeah the Wicked Armore one is tottaly differnt that the reale deal, But he hasent yet maked a second run on a new helmet. I think its still in progress

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 8746 » 11 Feb 2016, 22:44

No...the WA is slightly smaller than the BS/ADI/etc helmets yes, but it has all the details required for lvl1 approval.
And that is what counts, so far there is no indications that the CRL will be revising its lvl1 approval to eliminate (among others) the WA bucket.
There is some difference yes, but so is there on almost all helmets (including the BS helmet, its equally far from accurate in another direction)
Adi2.0 to the left and WA to the right.
adiwa.jpg
adiwa.jpg (237.69 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
oops forgot the adi vs BS
bsvad.jpg
bsvad.jpg (48.03 KiB) Viewed 4927 times
so you seel they all are similar enough, and accurate enough, but if you would elimintate WA then even the BS would be "wrong" in its own direction.. ;)

so pick whatever bucket fits your price range and make sure it has the details from the crl
The helmet is painted in dark gunmetal grey or gloss black.
The helmet is asymmetrical and has 5 chrome/silver ridges contouring the eye opening that transition into various ridges on the cheek areas.
The wearer's eyes and face are blacked out with sheer material or a dark lens which is matte and reflects minimal light.
The helmet is proportional to the wearer.
Especially the last point.

If youre a huge guy, the WA might not fit proportionally, as does some bobblehead buckets (edi is an example) wont fit a smaller frame.

As any costume, when in post a link/pic and ask before throwing down money.

You can follow the whole CRL discussion here:
http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.p ... 666&page=1

its not a secret ;)