1mpulseS0D's build thread

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Re: 1mpulseS0D's build thread

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

The elastic that holds the armguards? You mean handguards? :P Those are temporarily attached with white elastic, i have black elastic that i will use for the plastic handguards. When i have the money i will get some rubber handguards :)

Nordic Base trooper
Nordic Base trooper

Post by 1179 »

yep.. okay.. good:-)
at a loss for words:-/

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

It's been a while since last time, but now it's yet time to cross another thing of my list of to-dos before getting finished with my armor.

I turn 18 in about 2 weeks, and i thought i might get myself something nice.
Guess what got here way before schedule?

Doopydoo's E-11 Blaster Kit! :D

Got the same feel as when my AP kit first arrived! Oh good how the hell am i going to pull this through :-D

I guess there is some buildthreads over at FISD that i could follow!

After my E-11 is finished i only have the thigh ammo belt, Thermal Detonator, Holster and Boots left to accuire/finish.

Soon i will be finished and finally getting to put on the last suit i'll ever wear, or something in that same feel :-D

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

One year later and I still have not acquired the courage to build my blaster :P So I have not been able to work on the holster either since I need the blaster for measurements! Anyone knows good materials for the holster and where to find it in Sweden? :)

I've just received my rubber hand guards, so that's some progress at least! They just need to be fastened to my gloves and then that is set. Anyone know a good glue to use for this?

And I'm currently waiting for a reply from the boot makers to get info about shipping and all that. So hopefully I will be on the waiting list or even got some boots ordered by next week!

My thermal detonator is on it's way to become finished! Just need to touch up the plastic edges with some sandpaper and glue the panel on to the tube. The metal clips for it is also under construction!

After all this I only need to get a neck seal, which is easily homemade. Then it's just the hardest part left, strapping the suit so it fits nicely! Anyone that could guide me through that process to get some good troopable strapping? :)

Best regards
Alexander

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 4975 »

Good to see that you're getting back on track!

There is alot of threads on FISD about it, I'm sure someone with more TK experience then me is going to shoot you off in the right direction shortly, so stand by! >u>

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

A little update.

My boots are payed for and ready for shipping, probably 2-3 weeks until I get them.

Soon everything's finished! :) Just the small pieces left now!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66261 »

How did it work out with the e-11? I'm soon finished with sanding and gluing with my doopys kit now, and soon I'll start the painting/weathering. Do you know any good place in Kristiantstad for paint and related stuff?

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

I'm still too much of a coward to begin working on mine 8) Blaster and holster will probably be the last thing I make... Would you mind PMing some pictures and telling me about your work with your E-11? Would be really helpful!

I have yet to look at what paint to use, but my best bet would be Biltema or Jula or some other store where it's available.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66261 »

1mpulseS0D wrote:I'm still too much of a coward to begin working on mine 8) Blaster and holster will probably be the last thing I make... Would you mind PMing some pictures and telling me about your work with your E-11? Would be really helpful! I have yet to look at what paint to use, but my best bet would be Biltema or Jula or some other store where it's available.
Ah, I think you should just dive head first into this :-) This is my first e-11 and armour also but there is only so much research and forum-reading you can do before you need to get your own hands dirty. I use my e-11 as a learning experience before the armour. I'd rather mess up a doopys kit than than my RS stuff :-)

I have a picture of my e-11 in my other thread viewtopic.php?f=102&t=8565. This picture is from yesterday so it is very current status. In regards to telling you more about the build I think that this would very quickly deteriorate into a blind leading the blind kinda thing :-) I would rather like to point you to FISD. I've had some good help from several e-11 build threads there. I could recommend dm101, Chookaboom and Techne. Especially dm101 has a good walk through with a lot of detailed pictures.

Yep, I have been to Biltema already while scouting for spray colour for the e-11. I will check out Jula also. Thanks for the tip!

1mpulseS0D
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by 1mpulseS0D »

Thanks mate! :) Will look into your thread and the threads you recommended! :)