For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderator: team-ng-command

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Re: A Twilek X wing pilot?

Post by Grizabella »

I think I found my quarry costume wise: Makrili the Rancor guy from ROTJ.

He has many of my bodys threats and is gentle and loving towards his pets even when working for Jabba. The only thing I does not like about him is that he is not on the good side but still he has good qualities.

Would such a costume be aprovable? And would he be 501st or Rebel legion guy?

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

Malakili has been approved, but I can't remember in which legion, it's also possible that he might be approvable in both legions since he's not clearly on the good or bad side.

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

501st CRL

The Rebel Legion site is pieces at the moment so I can't see if you can be approved with that costume for RL or not.
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

Thanks for the image - I could not find a good reference image on his back half that were not a action figure.

He does not fall naturally into the either the good guys or bad guys and we does not have a "Mercenary/neutral" legion as some areas do and thats why I am asked what legion to place him in.

A question: Would it be doable to have a band in simular style as his clothes around my breast area where a woman would have her strappless bra? I am thinking of that as a way to round any nudity rules cons and such might have.

Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by 5573 »

I doubt that would get approved for the 501st as that is not how he appears in the film.
Grizabella wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 12:50
A question: Would it be doable to have a band in simular style as his clothes around my breast area where a woman would have her strappless bra? I am thinking of that as a way to round any nudity rules cons and such might have.
"Shut him up or shut him down!"

Troop count: One, two, three, many, lots!

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I might have found a good comissioner for his costume - But she cant do shoes or props so may I ask if you know any good vendors or comissioners for those items?

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

Now I had like second thoughts again. I like the guy but I doubt how great it would be to run around without anything on my chest and there are still other characters I cant leave in my mind. Are there any guys and girls out there who knows how it feels to have bare breast or characters that shows much skin and can give me some thoughts?

The shortlist right now are:

Malakili - Fits me and whom I feel like.

A Twi Lek or Togruta generic Jedi - Sounds like a great idea to do those species.

A Twi Lek or Togruta generic X Wing Pilot - Same thing there and they also have more legroom for plus size bodies.

Grand Admiral Thrawn - Is my favorite imperial officer but I dont know how well he lend himself to my body style.

Prauf and Greez from Fallen Order.

Ashoka Tano the white from Rebels final episode.

Hera Sindula from Rebels either as X wing pilot or her early seasons outfit.

Any ideas on what characters would be doable? Do you have favorites on the list?

I cant let the idea of doing a female character go really. I have seen more than a few girls do wonderful male characters at convention and even seen a male do Elsa from Frozen and that has light a fire to do a female character of my own if I can find any that fits my body style. It helps that several of my top list characters are female to but I am still uncertain if I can find any that fits me and how it would feel to crossdress so to say.

Does any of you here on this forum has any experience within this field - Aka have you done female characters as males or male characters as females and what kind of responses have you got? Is it easier for females to be accepted as male character than the other way round?

I dont know if I have asked this earlier but does anyone here do (or know someone who do) character reference drawings for Jedi and the likes?

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

A question: Would the possibility of creating youre own Togruta character be totaly out of the scope? I am quite found of that species and I figured out that some sort of elder tribe leader would be a way to work that warrior/hunter species around my body style and still come out as a character whom is recognizeble enough to be taken as an SW character.

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

Post by 4492 »

As mentioned earlier you need to have a costume that is taken from the SW universe, you can't come up with totally your own costume. If you want a warrior type I still think a jedi would be the best starting point, you also have the Old Republic armoured jedi if you don't want to go the traditional route.

Grizabella
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

Post by Grizabella »

I love the idea of being a Jedi and there is a lot of room towards the older master and grand masters costumes that I like, but there is also a few things that speaks against them body and dressing wise.