The sleeves are a bit long, but I will have the outer robe finished first so they can be adjusted together. I will also make it a bit longer, looks a bit short when I am wearing shoes.
Outer robe is soon finished and ready for dye. I have used two nights with the hood to get it look right, but now it starts to look like in the movie:) No sewing pattern for this anywhere, so it was a lot of trial and error.
Photo of inner robe laid out:
20171203_130038.jpg [ 97.61 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]
The arms are the same width all the way, based on pictures from the movie. Not like the "newer" where the outer part is wider. The top part is one length of fabric going from hand to hand and folded on the shoulders. The bottom is about 250cm long around with the same height all the way around that is folded in the waist and sewed on to the top part. The obi will cover this, so it will look good. I am quite certain that this is the same way that it is made in the movie.
20171203_130230.jpg [ 204.44 KiB | Viewed 260 times ]
The tabbard is just one long part with the same with. Seams will be covered by the obi.
The obi here was a bit narrow and I have made it wider to look right.