Help with TIE Reserve Pilot

For all costumes from A New Hope, EMpire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Help with TIE Reserve Pilot

Post by 78346 » 10 Jul 2017, 20:56

If I did my costume today, I would instead choose Cosplaysky, though. It is the Imperial-only ESB/ROTJ pattern with nothing to modify and which is preferred by the writers of the CRLs. It is also in a lighter fabric which is more accurate, where as Mon Cal and Wampawear both use a more rugged fabric.
There are several threads on the JRS forums about Cosplaysky suits not fitting at all - even if they've ordered a custom fit. And the commpad window is still pretty small and have to be altered by you. About the standard sizes, one thing always comes up; The top half fits good, and the legs are huge.

From reference photos I've seen, WW got it spot on. And they clearly keep track on the CRL, since the pointed collar was added on just recent.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Help with TIE Reserve Pilot

Post by 87101 » 10 Jul 2017, 22:23

11327 wrote:
19784 wrote:I'd also recommend you to create an account at the JRS (Jolly Roger Squadron) forums if you have not done so already :)
Unless you want to do an Imperial Bridge Crew instead (or in addition), in which case the detachment would be the Imperial Officer Corps.
It is basically the same costume, the difference being that they allow different accessories. I'm in both detachments with all accessories.
Did not know that, good to know.
19784 wrote:
I'd also recommend you to create an account at the JRS (Jolly Roger Squadron) forums if you have not done so already :)
i have but waiting for access, can't read anything there yet.
TB-87101 (biker)
Troops
Nordic Garrison: 11
Danish Garrison: 1