It is currently Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:23 am

All times are UTC+02:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:49 pm 
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

That looks awesome!

I'm not at all familiar with the requirements for this costume, but to me, it seems like some light weathering might be good. It'd give it a bit more of an authentic, worn, I've-lived-as-a-hermit-in-the-desert-for-20-years, type of look. Costume requirements permitting, I'd rough up the edges and areas that would naturally wear and tear with some sand paper; tie the material up in knots to put some wrinkles in it; maybe give it a light dusting with some dry pigments.

Then again, there's a reason for me being a TD...Others may not enjoy weathering stuff as much as I do.

Best of luck with your application!

At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock.
-Book of Cyril

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 am 
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

antispamfield: No
Work is slow but unsteady here, mostly looking for pair of used boots of the correct type that is nice and worn. Old Ben can't have new boots....
Next thing to finish up will be the belt accessories. If you could provide me with some detailed pictures that would be helpful:)
I have made the the banana shaped pouch and some of the details, but it is not fitted it together yet. Also need to make the saber clip, but got the correct types of screws to mount it. Also have some rivets for the other accessory.

The hood is larger than it looks on the picture, it has just slided backwards. Tried to make is as accurate as possible based on the screen captures and also not too big, because I am also going to use it.

Weathering of the outer robe has been done by several rounds in the washing machine and drier after coloring, so it looks nice and worn. I am not sure what approach to use on the inner robe, but it looks too new. Roll in the dust? Afraid to use fabric color and ruin it.