Hello from denmark and costume question.

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

DK-Joergen
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen
antispamfield: No

Hello from denmark and costume question.

#1 Post by DK-Joergen » 31 Dec 2017, 10:21

(stormie)
Hello. New to this site and excited to be here.
Before to much introduction I have a costuming question. I looked loosely through the threads but didn't stumble onto my particular question. Sorry if i missed it.
This summer im planning om buying a stormtrooper armor set from originalstormtrooper.com. Due to budget restrictions from my wife :? im opting for their battle spec edition.
Is this armor approved for membership into the garrison? I looked through the costume reference guide and think i need to make a few adjustments to the forearms and biceps but other than that I think it follows your guidelines. Does anyone have experience with this particular armor?

Intro part: My name is Jørgen, 38 years old, work in the royal danish navy, married and have two kids. My son (11 yrs) is a huge star wars fan, like i have been all my life.
Looking forward to getting the armor and hopefully participating in some of your events.

Happy New Year.
Jørgen

Commanding Officer
Commanding Officer

Re: Hello from denmark and costume question.

#2 Post by 19784 » 31 Dec 2017, 11:18

Hi Jörgen! The Nordic Garrison consists of Sweden, Finland and Norway, as Denmark became large enough to split off into the Danish garrison (http://www.danishgarrison.dk) a while back. You probably want to check in with them when it comes to membership, and regarding the stormtrooper armor my best bet would be whitearmor.net (The First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment forum - where the people that know EVERYTHING about the different Stormtrooper armors there is hangs out). Good luck!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

#3 Post by 10199 » 31 Dec 2017, 13:08

Hi Jørgen!
DK-Joergen wrote:originalstormtrooper.com. [...] Is this armor approved for membership into the garrison?
I'd go with something else if you're aiming for 501st membership. Whitearmor.net will tell you what and why. Good luck on your build! :)

501st Legion Trooper
501st Legion Trooper

#4 Post by 10413 » 01 Jan 2018, 10:10

Hej Jørgen - velkommen til ;)

Som der er allerede blevet gjort opmærksom på fra de søde NG medlemmer, så har Danmark nu deres egen garrison - så hop over på vores forum og sig hej.

Der kan du også få gode råd fra vores mange stormtroopers vedr. køb af armor - personligt vil jeg holde fingrene langt væk fra den armor, som du henviser til. Prøv at kigge på RS eller Troopermaster, som er de foretrukne forhandlere blandt vores medlemmer - høj kvalitet og holdbarhed.

Og ellers så er whitearmor.net den kostumeafd. også kaldet detachment, som omhandler de forskellige versioner af stormtrooperen - der kan du finde alt omkring køb, samlemetoder, strapping, tilbehør mv.

Godt nytår !
Visas Marr ,Tie pilot reserve , Bridge crew
Retired: Biker Scout, Tusken, Darth Traya, Tie pilot ANH.
Costume mentor TFE 2013-2014 + 2016/2017 + TFE Staff member 2017
"As my feet walk from the ashes of Katarr, I shall not fear, for in fear, lies death..."