Outposts and community in Norway

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Uxorious
Supporter
Supporter
antispamfield: No

Outposts and community in Norway

#1 Post by Uxorious » 19 Feb 2016, 14:05

Hey - I am not a member, though i think about how and when to become one just about every day.
Ofc this is a question about economy and priority (and time) - but also about me not having any people around me with the same enthusiasm for 501st and SW as I do.
Me, as an almost 40 year old dude, dressing up in a costume - It’s not a fantasy shared by my social surroundings, and leaves me a bit less motivated to invest time and money to just have the costume displayed some hidden place in my house. Now what you guys do - combining a hobby with charity like this is fantastic and I’d love to take part. And some day I will, but I have a question:

I know there are quite a few members from the areas around Oslo and I also have the feeling there is a good bunch in Trondheim, but how about Bergen?
Second largest city in Norway and i have the feeling there are no members from here.

Could the Norwegian members say where they are from and how that works with taking part in this community ant its events?
And what costumes they have?

I am working on making a costume. Not done much other than playing around and doing pepakura and some foam work, but my fantasies are quite "expensive" and rich. My brain runs from one project to the next every day and I have so many things i would love to make, and no experience making anything - so the challenge is great and there is no time to do it all. (Wife, 3 kids, full job and house renovations)

Right now my main fantasy is to make a Boba Fett costume, but I might not make it and end up just being some kind of mandalorian.
But some day i will be Boba Fett. I WILL!!! (boba)
I also want Stromtrooper - classic. (stormie)
Other things are rodian Bounty Hunter (greedo) , Tusken Raider (tusk) , a kubaz Bounty hunter (garindan)...... well.... i'm sick....

I have this passion and its always in my mind. Like an Obsession. And I'm not having any release - I know what i have to do, I'm just afraid!

Sry about this rant and wall of text.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Re: Outposts and community in Norway

#2 Post by 29996 » 19 Feb 2016, 14:43

Hi there and welcome!
There is as of now, only one member in Bergen unfortunately, and she hasn't been very active lately. She is a TK.

Your projects and obsession sound very familiar. I am currently building Boba Fett and I would not recommend starting with him, as he is one of our most complicated costumes. And one of the most expensive ones. A TK on the other hand is easier and a classic, just start simple, and work your way through the idees, who says you can't do them all.
Oh btw.Every costume has its own forum.
Stromtroopers http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/
Boba http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/
"What I do? I seek answers"
[rc-omega] (snowie) (gunner) (rp) [x-wing.png]

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

#3 Post by 0518 » 19 Feb 2016, 17:20

Im going to have another "closet fan" Thomas contact you... For him joining up was a game changer..
United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.
-Patrick Henry, March 1799
If the crew doesn't hate the XO, then he's not doing his job.
- Col. Saul Tigh, BSG

TI-2096
Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

#4 Post by TI-2096 » 20 Feb 2016, 20:02

Woho! Possible recruit from bergen! We need you! Please keep us posted on progress, and do ask all those silly questions that pop up.
TI/ID/IC-2096
Stein André

Cufflinks'r'me

ask382
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

#5 Post by ask382 » 20 Feb 2016, 21:09

Hi :)

Sorry to steal the tread, but I'm in the same boat :)

Althoug I'm not in bergen, I'm in Porsgrunn :)

I'm working on a First Order TK suit, and hope I can make it worthy enough to join :)

Adrian

Uxorious
Supporter
Supporter

#6 Post by Uxorious » 22 Feb 2016, 08:01

Haha Adrian. I have a feeling we already have contact :)

Im the Boba Fett pepakura guy :)

ask382
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

#7 Post by ask382 » 22 Feb 2016, 09:41

Lol :) smal world eh :)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

#8 Post by 78810 » 24 Feb 2016, 09:39

Hello

Send me a PM on facebook:) better to talk there. I have been a star wars fan as long as i can remember, but did not embrace my love for the SW universe befor i was over 30 years old:) and now im happy ...ooohhh yes.

501st Legion is my second family. And I love every troop/ event im on as Darth Vader:)

Facebook:

thomas arly von rummelhoff
The force is strong with this one!!!

skybert80
Imperial citizen
Imperial citizen

#9 Post by skybert80 » 22 Aug 2016, 00:19

Hi, hope you don't mind me blowing the dust off this thread!
Potential 35 yo recruit from Bergen here with an Anovos TK DIY kit soon on the way from the US. At the moment it is sitting at the freight forwarding company. My goal is to have it finished before the Rogue One premiere, but I won't rush the procedure and it will also have to compete with my other passion which is Star Wars LEGO. Was wondering if anyone else in the Bergen area are either currently working on their TK/other costume or thinking about joining the community? It would be fun to get something going here if at all possible. I know for certain I'm not going to let the armor sit in a closet when it's done!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

#10 Post by 17113 » 22 Aug 2016, 00:37

We need more (any) troopers in Bergen! Oslo, Trondheim, Stavanger and even Mo i Rana have active troopers. Why aren't there any in Bergen? It's a scandal!

If any of you need any help getting started, let us know and we'll be more than willing to help you out :) Protip: Get some workshops started