Thoughts and experience

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Thoughts and experience

Post by 66669 »

Finally landed IRL and things are slowly going back to normal. Had such an awesome three-day-troop at Nordsken in Skellefteå. Great team to work with and so much nerdiness in the same area it makes me smile even now.
Have to say that the photo-op with Jeremy Bulloch and all of us from NL was the icing on the cake.
nordsken-d3.jpg
nordsken-d3.jpg (555.96 KiB) Viewed 4728 times

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

A work mate told me I looked good in the paper, and I was very ambiguous about that... then it hit me. A local paper did a minor story on our work at Hörnefors Library May the Fourth and it had been published. It looked really good and you can see some of the pictures in the Fans of Nordic Garrison group on FB (https://www.facebook.com/groups/706902602671153/)

Currently working on the next event in June, the yearly local market in my village... a two day troop with a couple of hundred visitors. Hopefully some more visitors this year with the opportunity to have a photo shoot with Darth Vader... ;)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Also in talks about a two-three day troop in September, going to be something very special and I sure hope we can come to an agreement. The EO hadn't planned for us to come, but when he heard about us... ;)

I received my boots and gloves for my next build, gonna buy some white cotton so I can start on it some more. Can't do it too obvious since the Mrs most probably would kill me if she knew...

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Preparing for a two-day event the 18-19th of June, so if you're anywhere near Obbola (just outside Umeå) stop by at Obbola Market!

Also starting to build on a Northland (Norrland) equipment list, one step at a time

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

So it's official!
We're going on Norrlands first International Tattoo Convention, Ume Tattoo Fest (http://www.umetattoofest.se/) in September. Gonna be a blast and it's awesome how we are slowly making a mark in the rough ground of Norrland :D Any supporters and troopers sign up here viewtopic.php?f=252&t=10979

Getting some equipment together as well; printers, SD-cards and such and also doing some minor tweeks on my Vader costume.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

A whole weekend with trooping and my feet are killing me ;)
We had a really slow first day since it was raining most of it, yet we found many golden nugget during the day. Had some awesome aid from TK-20620 and her cousin.
Second day the weather clear up some and it showed on the amount of people visiting us, more than double from the first day. The photo shoot went great both days with the support of Obbola Fotoklubb, kudos! And I might just have recruited a new supporter :)

Going to take some vacation now, with a few appearances here and there. Coming back strong with another weekend event in September, Ume Tattoo Fest!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

So, preparations are at hand.
Got the autumn schedule more or less set with just about 1 troop each month. It starts with Ersboda-Bostadendagen in Umeå the 28th of August, feel free to stop by. There will be a lot of stuff going on there, aimed for children and all for free. I will be having a minor lecture on what NG do and stand for and of course a lot of trooping, feel free to join up.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Finally an event with the whole shebang, Ume Tattoo Fest, where we will have a photo booth, some patrolling and possibly a price ceremony or two. I also got interviewed by the local student news site on what we do in NG and the event, http://aspiranten.se/umeas-darth-vader- ... lgorenhet/ (in Swedish). Packing the final stuff for the setup for tomorrow, feel free to hook up with us http://www.umetattoofest.se/

Also doing some planning for next weekend when Nolia Kids is on as well as Umeå Pride Parade, so a double-event-weekend is coming up.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

First day of Ume Tattoo Fest is done, did three photo sessions an hour each. Surprisingly many people who wanted their photo taken with Darth Vader, a Sandtrooper and a Gunner.

We finished the day off with a visit to a birthday party for a 16 year old who's a huge Star Wars fan, I'm sure we added that little extra to it all.

Back to Ume Tattoo Fest tomorrow again doing the last for this weekend.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

I setup our stand at Nolia Kids today, now there's two days of trooping with a double troop tomorrow with Nolia Kids and Umeå Pride Parade. Intense and fun, come say Hi if you see us!