Thoughts and experience

Moderator: team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Thoughts and experience

Post by 66669 »

Went to Ecpat this weekend, what an amazing and humble experience with the work they do -and- how appreciated our work is in helping them help. More media to come on that event.

Got the weekly paper "Umeå Tidning" today as well, got the front page, one side and a nice spotlight on NG (I do hope this will generate more NG Northland members)
http://umeatidning.se/images/tidningsar ... T_5115.pdf (in Swedish)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Once again in the paper, this time for the municipally owned public housing company (in Swedish)...
http://www.bostaden.umea.se/Sve/PDF/Kun ... 202015.pdf

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Things been slow for a while, aided a buddy of mine to get a costume going... just waiting for it to arrive and the I'll help him out with some tweaking, photos and hopefully quick approval :)

The photo of me in the cinema (http://umeatidning.se/images/tidningsar ... T_5115.pdf) is now nominated as Photo of the year... feels awesome. Read more here (swedish) http://umeatidning.se/red/arets-foto

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Currently sending out NG clothing merc to all that made the run, got a Mrs. that's not so happy with the boxes of clothing in the hallway :)

Got three upcoming events, Vaasa, Nordmaling and Skellefteå... feels great with events close by.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

So, I can say I'm a very happy camper right about now... news to go about that later on.

Preparing for the Vaasa troop the 23rd of April. Gonna be fun going to Finland, met the Herttua clan and hopefully helping out establishing NG in Vaasa. Have to say that this is one of NGs strong points, we have four different countries in the garrison that's rare and something to work for!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Newly awake with a steaming hot cup of coffee and some time to write, prepared for some breakfast and packing for todays event.

Arrived kinda late in Vaasa, 23.30 but got a warm welcome from the Finns Osku and Sami who drove us to the hotell. Elina met up with us as well and I unpacked the NG merc so they at least could look good. We then went to a nearby Irish bar for a minor, troop-starting-beer-and-getting-to-know-each-other moment.

Had a D'oh moment on the ferry when I realized I forgot to pack my kilt, and typically exactly when the ferry left the harbor. Gonna make up for it on the next troops!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

So, we did the troop at Pohjanmaan suurmessut with a very happy Event Organizer (EO).
Over 8600 visitors the first day resulting in an aching back, swollen feet and a very happy mood. So many happy, scared and amazed faces at the same time.
Excellent handled by the Finnish team, the Herrtua Clan and Sami!

This must be done again!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Been in some really interesting talks about us appearing at some major events in Norrland. Amazing how welcomed and how willing people are to talk when they realize that you are from NG. More info on that later but it's looking good on the Norrland side ;)

Currently on a parking lot in Sundsvall for a quick meeting and a major pickup, can't really say anything more yet... but there will be pictures, soon.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

Not approved yet, still need some modification but I'm not far off now. The armor was treated very well by Tommi and I'm very happy to continue the tradition of this iconic character...

Yes, my latest costume to be is Darth Vader - ANH

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 »

So, a day of events.
It all started this morning when I got the green light on my Darth Vader ANH!
So with that costume packed we went to Hörnefors Library and did a six hour troop with the benefits going to Barncancerfonden. After that we continued to a company event, an After Work for customers to an event organizer. They decided to donate the money to Hjältarnas Hus. Everything went smoothly and hopefully we made a mark among the businesses in Umeå.

Adding a few item for the trip up to Skellefteå and Nordsken tomorrow... and yes my feet still hurts. But hey, we're the Legion, right!