Thoughts and experience

Moderators: 3893, team-ng-command

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper
antispamfield: No

Re: Thoughts and experience

Post by 66669 » 02 Oct 2016, 21:04

I think I can use just one word to describe my physical sense about now: pain. Burning feet and aching shoulders...

And YES... it's worth it... every second, every minute and every hour of it all.

Both events went so well, we got some really nice coverage on our appearance at Umeå Pride Parade and I'm sure that we have created a solid foundation of future NG troopers in Umeå with our troop at Nolia Kids.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 26 Oct 2016, 21:42

Went on a minor Birthday troop to 8-year old Iza who just loves Darth Vader and a friend of the family made a short movie on our appearance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHrBZDjL6wI

Currently preparing for SSGFC in Stockholm since I most probably will take all three of my costumes with.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 05 Dec 2016, 23:08

Did a minor troop Friday the 2nd of December and it was truly fun, a real boost of love and happiness.
https://www.facebook.com/uttervagenshja ... 419956644/

Are now prepping for SSGFC in Stockholm and I'm bringing all three of my costumes, got some minor things to do but nothing really big... starting to get the trooping-jitters, that good feeling in your stomach mixed with "just-as-long-as-I-don't-forget-anything". Also planning a hand-over to an organization we've been doing charity work for, aiming for an awesome weekend.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 14 Dec 2016, 13:54

SSGFC Stockholm is over and I've finally landed IRL, unfortunately I ended up with stomach problems and be spending time at home mostly in the bathroom. The event was great fun and giving the check to Hjärtebarnsfonden was more than awesome. I plan on being on some more SSGFC in the future... thinking Göteborg next time perhaps...

Now I have a small break from trooping, noo SF in Umeå declined our appearance at the R1 premiere... more time for me to plan for the next big event.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 9068 » 15 Dec 2016, 10:32

Was that possibly me? Ha ha!

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 21 Jan 2017, 13:12

E-mails, planning and meetings!
What a week this has been. Got some really nice planning to do with several troops to come, up here in the north. Starting off with some minor troops here and there and then we have the three day troop in Skellefteå in May with Nordsken. You don't want to miss that!

I did have some plans on joining up in some troops in the south but time and money is a rare commodity right now... so if you find any, just toss some my way ;)

Still tweaking my costumes so it's more comfortable to troop in. My scout build is on temporary hold right now.
9068 wrote:Was that possibly me? Ha ha!
You know it ;)

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 06 Jul 2017, 13:21

One big event under the coat, a minor one and a birthday troop. Made some contacts at Nordsken so hopefully we'll have new troopers in the north ;)
Events are moving along, armor building is not :/

Got a wedding troop coming up and a big event in the beginning of August as well as September, also got my hands full with merchandising and some GWL stuff.

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 94691 » 06 Jul 2017, 14:23

66669 wrote:Made some contacts at Nordsken so hopefully we'll have new troopers in the north ;)
I've just placed my order for a full DT from Denis at Armory Works. We are trying to sort out all measurements that he needs since I'm not standard height.
Boots arrived today and the plans for blasters are scaled and waiting for processing.
My son's Jawa equipment is filling up as well and we also plan for a Mandalorian edition for my oldest son.
So hopefully we're on track during autumn.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 03 Aug 2017, 23:04

Public Fair, birthday party and a wedding... sounds like a movie from Hollywood... just the troops in June and July :)

You can say that things are slowly getting in place now in August, Swedens largest public fair this time around.

Been planning the schedule for some weeks now and we have a 14 person strong crew taking on the 100K visitors that normally visit Stora Nolia.

Me and my son set up the stand today and the last preparations will be done tomorrow. The fair starts on Saturday and the visitors will be knocking on the doors ;)

You will find us at stand number 541 (sure wished for 501, but close enough) and this is what it looks like:
Nolia.jpg
Nolia.jpg (92.75 KiB) Viewed 428 times

Nordic Garrison trooper
Nordic Garrison trooper

Post by 66669 » 08 Aug 2017, 17:19

Had a wonderful weekend with good friends from Finland, trooping like it should be done... the Norrland Way ;)

Around 21 000 visitors to the fair during the weekend and we are calculating on the total sum collected, this is going to be a nice figure we hope!